The year of our Lord, 2017:
FOR regular PARISH EVENTS and SERVICES in this LENTEN period, PLEASE CONSULT THE MONTHLY CALENDAR PAGE
FOR a more detailed view of events, please review Parish CALENDAR 2018 for information on planned annual events in the Diocese & the Parish:
Parish Calendar 2018 - TO BE ADVISED
+ + +
LENTEN COURSE 2018 considers the vital role of WATER in our lives and covers the 5 weeks of LENT under the following subject topics:
- Week 1 - THE SACREDNESS OF WATER
- Week 2 - WATER SCARCITY
- Week 3 - SANITATION & HYGIENE
- Week 4 - WATER AS A HABITAT
- Week 5 - SUSTAINABILITY
The course notes can be accessed HERE or from the DOWNLOADS webpage.
Please do join us in prayerful discussion around this subject after both the parish services on a Sunday, and the weekday service on a Wednesday.
+ + +
THE FOLLOWING LINK IS A COPY OF THE CHRISTMAS SERMON BY ARCHBISHOP THABO MAKGOBA, DELIVERED AT CAPE TOWN ON 25 DECEMBER 2017 (AS PROVIDED BY NEWS24 HERE):
SERMON - ANGLICAN ARCHBISHOP THABO MAKGOBA
+ + +
LENT 2018 is upon us, and here are the fasting imperatives taken from the spirit of Lent 2017:
* Fast from judging others; feast on the Christ dwelling in others.
* Fast from emphasis on differences; feast on the unity of all life.
* Fast from words that pollute; feast on words that purify.
* Fast from discontent; feast on gratitude.
* Fast from anger; feast on patience.
* Fast from pessimism; feast on optimism.
* Fast from complaining; feast on appreciation.
* Fast from hostility; feast on non-resistance.
* Fast from bitterness; feast on forgiveness.
* Fast from self-concern; feast on compassion for others.
* Fast from idle gossip; feast on the purposeful silence.
* Fast from personal anxiety; feast on unceasing prayer.