The year of our Lord, 2017:
FOR regular PARISH EVENTS and SERVICES in this LENTEN period, PLEASE CONSULT THE MONTHLY CALENDAR PAGE
FOR a more detailed view of events, please review Parish CALENDAR 2017 for information on planned annual events in the Diocese & the Parish:
Parish CALENDAR 2017
+ + +
PRAY AND ACT DURING SEASON OF CREATION - Month of September 2017:
As we draw close the start of the Season of Creation on the first of September, we would like to share with you some resources:
Here is our new Season of Creation Five
Here are materials for Season of Creation in different languages
During the Season we would like to invite you to join with brothers and sisters around the world for online services.
Links to online prayer services
September 1 with Bill McKibben of 350.org, Bishop Mark Macdonald Indigenous bishop of Canada, and Yeb Sano from the Philippines: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/1528a1503371931a8c34be5db4a05ad8
September 19 with the Archbishop of Canterbury : https://zoom.us/webinar/register/45d8378ffbf5229a7c24e00bf0acd2b8
Here is a Taize service for the Season of Creation
The Anglican Communion Environmental Network has formed a partnership with the Global Catholic Climate Movement, World Council of Churches and Christian Aid to promote the Season of Creation. Please have a look at the website www.seasonofcreation.org
You can sign up as a partner or look for resources on how to organise services or events during Season of Creation
+ + +
LENT 2017 is past, but the spirit of Lent remains and is reflected in the following:
* Fast from judging others; feast on the Christ dwelling in others.
* Fast from emphasis on differences; feast on the unity of all life.
* Fast from words that pollute; feast on words that purify.
* Fast from discontent; feast on gratitude.
* Fast from anger; feast on patience.
* Fast from pessimism; feast on optimism.
* Fast from complaining; feast on appreciation.
* Fast from hostility; feast on non-resistance.
* Fast from bitterness; feast on forgiveness.
* Fast from self-concern; feast on compassion for others.
* Fast from idle gossip; feast on the purposeful silence.
* Fast from personal anxiety; feast on unceasing prayer.