The year of our Lord, 2017:
FOR regular PARISH EVENTS and SERVICES in this LENTEN period, PLEASE CONSULT THE MONTHLY CALENDAR PAGE
FOR a more detailed view of events, please review Parish CALENDAR 2017 for information on planned annual events in the Diocese & the Parish:
Parish CALENDAR 2017
+ + +
THE POSITION OF PARISH ADMINISTRATOR FOR THE PARISH OF CORPUS CHRISTI ANGLICAN CHURCH, GARSFONTEIN, IS BEING ADVERTISED AS A RESULT OF THE INCUMBENT PARISH ADMINISTRATOR STEPPING DOWN FROM THE END OF 2017. APPLICATION FOR THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED AS OF 15 NOVEMBER 2017, AND THE SELECTION PROCESS, INCORPORATING INTERVIEWS, WILL NOW FOLLOW:
Corpus Christi Parish Administrator job description, 2017
+ + +
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS ONLY A SINGLE SERVICE ON CHRISTMAS DAY 25 DECEMBER 2017 THAT STARTS AT 8.00 a.m.
THERE IS NO MIDNIGHT MASS ON 24 DECEMBER 2017! THE CALENDAR CARRIES ALL DETAILS OF DECEMBER SERVICES.
+ + +
LENT 2017 is past, but the spirit of Lent remains and is reflected in the following:
* Fast from judging others; feast on the Christ dwelling in others.
* Fast from emphasis on differences; feast on the unity of all life.
* Fast from words that pollute; feast on words that purify.
* Fast from discontent; feast on gratitude.
* Fast from anger; feast on patience.
* Fast from pessimism; feast on optimism.
* Fast from complaining; feast on appreciation.
* Fast from hostility; feast on non-resistance.
* Fast from bitterness; feast on forgiveness.
* Fast from self-concern; feast on compassion for others.
* Fast from idle gossip; feast on the purposeful silence.
* Fast from personal anxiety; feast on unceasing prayer.