The year of our Lord, 2017:
FOR regular PARISH EVENTS and SERVICES in this LENTEN period, PLEASE CONSULT THE MONTHLY CALENDAR PAGE
FOR a more detailed view of events, please review Parish CALENDAR 2018 for information on planned annual events in the Diocese & the Parish:
Parish Calendar 2018 - TO BE ADVISED
+ + +
BAPTISM COURSE - October 2018
Corpus Christi will be running a BAPTISM COURSE in October 2018 from Sunday 7th October after the 09h00 service for the 4 weekends of that month (7th, 14th, 21st & 28th). In these 4 weeks, we cover 6 sessions of up to 90 minutes each, covering 2 sessions for each of the middle 2 Sundays. For ALL details, please navigate to HERE, or to the Downloads webpage and then look for the link to the BAPTISM COURSE NOTES. The notes for "Parents" are relevant to those parents undergoing Baptism Course for their children (or adults undergoing baptism). Please review the requirements for BAPTISM carefully. Parents must be parishioners of the church and "in good standing" in that they attend regularly and are known to the rector. Documentation for registering for the course & the Parent Declaration document are both important. Please complete these.
+ + +
THE FOLLOWING LINK IS A COPY OF THE CHRISTMAS SERMON BY ARCHBISHOP THABO MAKGOBA, DELIVERED AT CAPE TOWN ON 25 DECEMBER 2017 (AS PROVIDED BY NEWS24 HERE):
SERMON - ANGLICAN ARCHBISHOP THABO MAKGOBA
+ + +
LENT 2018 is upon us, and here are the fasting imperatives taken from the spirit of Lent 2017:
* Fast from judging others; feast on the Christ dwelling in others.
* Fast from emphasis on differences; feast on the unity of all life.
* Fast from words that pollute; feast on words that purify.
* Fast from discontent; feast on gratitude.
* Fast from anger; feast on patience.
* Fast from pessimism; feast on optimism.
* Fast from complaining; feast on appreciation.
* Fast from hostility; feast on non-resistance.
* Fast from bitterness; feast on forgiveness.
* Fast from self-concern; feast on compassion for others.
* Fast from idle gossip; feast on the purposeful silence.
* Fast from personal anxiety; feast on unceasing prayer.